The Service Desk Technician will serve as the first contact within the Service Desk to resolve frontline issues for internal customers. This position will serve as the go-to resource for desk-side troubleshooting, technical support, workstation support, and system set-up. Internal users of our systems will look to you for various issue resolutions, including email and desktop software support, printer troubleshooting, and network connectivity issues. The Service Desk Technician will also have basic interaction with vendors and may be involved to start the troubleshooting process externally.
- Works within established troubleshooting guides and knowledge base to resolve tickets in a timely manner and provide responsive resolutions for support tickets.
- Collects additional details and provides basic troubleshooting steps per documentation.
- Display ability to troubleshoot known issues with minimal guidance.
- Engage various teams throughout the organization with a service mindset, focusing on ensure the end-user satisfaction.
- Escalates any issues that he/she is unable to resolve within reasonable time, or due to lack of knowledge, access or understanding of the issue to Tier II or Tier II Technicians.
- Handles administrative IT projects not requiring knowledge of infrastructure. Assists senior technicians with projects and tickets as assigned.
- Take an analytical approach to troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issue.
- Manages imaging and configuring computers with training.
- Ability to work with a degree of independence within provided guidelines and documentation process.
- Research issues and eliminate irrelevance, with guidance from Senior Technicians.
- Provide continuous communication to the team of problems and issues to ensure the quality user experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- A high school diploma/GED equivalent.
- 3+ years Customer Service experience, preferably with 1+ year training experience.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!